Thank you for your interest in being a COLORS volunteer!
The information collected from this application will be used to determine if you are a good fit for our organization. Filling out this application is not a commitment or promise of a volunteer opportunity.
The minimum qualifications to be a COLORS volunteer are
(1) be over the age of 18,
(2) live or work within Northeast Florida, and
(3) believe in the mission of COLORS.
Additional consideration will be given to the reason/s you want to volunteer, your recent volunteer experience, and your special training and/or skills. It is highly recommended that you submit your resume with this application.
Basic volunteer expectations:
- Commit to at least one year as a volunteer.
- Board members serve four-year terms and elected officers serve two-year terms.
- Regular time commitment will depend on the volunteer opportunity you are approved for.
- Take board approved crisis counseling training and cultural humility training.
- Follow all policies and procedures.
- Pass an annual background check ($10 donation).
- Show up when signed-up.
- Understanding of unique needs of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Dedicated to advancing the mission.
- Model and maintain a safe, respectful, and supportive environment at all times.
- Maintain positive and healthy relationships with other volunteers, board members, and clients.
Volunteer applications will first be reviewed during a closed session of the Governance Committee (elected officers). If the committee determines that you are a good fit, an interview will be scheduled. At the following Board meeting, a closed session will be held to review your application and interview, and vote to approve or not approve you as a volunteer. While we try to complete this process within one month, it could take up to three months.
COLORS will not share or sell your information with any other entities. Only board members will have access to this information. Your responses will be kept private and secure. Email us to change or update any of the information in your application.
As per our bylaws, volunteers are selected in a non-discriminatory manner with respect to age, sex, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and political or religious opinion or affiliation.
If you have any questions or require an accommodation to complete this application, please email us.