This list is updated regularly. If you are looking for something that is not listed here, send us an email.
External Links Disclaimer: These links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or approval by COLORS Community Center of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. COLORS Community Center bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
- LGBT Jobs/Careers in Florida
- Out Professionals – Leading nonprofit networking organization for LGBTQ professionals in the USA.
- Corporate Equality Index – National benchmarking tool on corporate policies, practices and benefits pertinent to LGBTQ employees.
- CAN Community Health Jacksonville – Services include STD testing and treatment, PrEP, services for people living with HIV, pharmacy, and dental.
- Financial Assistance for Medical Transitioning Services – Scholarships, grants, and funding.
- Annual Trans Surgery Fund – Point of Pride’s Annual Transgender Surgery Fund is a scholarship-like program that provides direct financial assistance to trans folks who cannot afford their gender-affirming surgery.
- LGBTQ+ Health Care and Resources at Baptist Health
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive Healthcare Facilities Search – Find healthcare facilities near you that are evaluated in the Human Rights Campaign’s Healthcare Equality Index.
- LGBTQIA+ Services at UF Health Jacksonville
- Reza Healthcare – Services include HIV care and treatment, PrEP, PEP, and gender affirming care.
- Jacksonville Ryan White Part A Program – Ryan White Program funded agencies that provide HIV related services to eligible people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Florida Ryan White Part B Program – Provides outpatient health and support services to people living with HIV/AIDS who meet certain eligibility requirements.
- Higher Education LGBT Support Services Map
- HIV League Scholarship
- Campus Pride – Organization for student leaders and campus groups working to create a safer college environment for LGBTQ students.
- Point Foundation LGBTQ Scholarships – Scholarships for students at accredited US schools, universities and colleges.
- Florida Name Change – A free non-profit service for completing your name or gender change in Florida.
- Southern Poverty Law Center – SPLC is not a general legal services or legal aid organization. SPLC monitors hate groups, provides social justice training, and seeks justice for the most vulnerable people in society.
- Equality Florida Report Discrimination – Any Floridian that experiences discrimination based on employment, housing and public accommodations can file a complaint directly with the Florida Commission on Human relations (FCHR) under the state’s civil rights protections.
- Florida Health Justice Project Medicaid Unwinding Assistance – Provides Medicaid eligibility assessments for each family member, including whether the termination notice appears (in)correct and the client’s legal rights.
- LGBTQ Policy Spotlight: Mapping LGBTQ Equality in the U.S. South – Report by the Movement Advancement Project.
- Southern Legal Counsel Request for Assistance – Cases typically involve lawsuits addressing discriminatory or unlawful conduct to fight for rights on behalf of groups and individuals, especially persons who are low income, persons experiencing homelessness, children, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons.
- ACLU Florida Legal Assistance Contact List
- SAGE National LGBTQ Senior Hotline – 877-360-LGBT (5428)
- SAGEConnect – A phone-buddy program that matches LGBTQ+ elders with volunteers for weekly phone calls.
- ElderSource Age Your Way LGBTQ Workshops – Free prerecorded presentations about how LGBTQ adults can prepare for the necessary decisions needed to age well.
- Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida’s Board Bank – Search for and join a local nonprofit’s board of directors.
- Community HIV Advisory Group – State level membership group providing input into the development of Florida’s HIV/AIDS Section policies and programs that impact people living with HIV.
- Leadership Jacksonville – A year-long program that brings together over 50 leaders throughout the Jacksonville community, to build relationships with other leaders and to better serve as an ethical community leader.
- Metropolitan Jacksonville Area HIV Health Services Planning Council – City level council that works to improve the availability, accessibility, and quality of HIV/AIDS health services in our community.
- The Northeast Florida World AIDS Day Committee – Volunteers serve on committees that promote education and awareness surrounding HIV/AIDS care and organize the Annual World AIDS Day Awards Luncheon.
- The United States People Living with HIV Caucus – Formed in 2010 as a national voice for people living with HIV (PLHIV). Members are PLHIV-led groups, organizations and networks, as well as individual advocates living with HIV.
- Women’s Center of Jacksonville LGBTQ+ Resource Guide
- Open Doors – Statewide business directory that spotlights merchants, faith organizations, and other companies that have implemented LGBTQ inclusive nondiscrimination in their policies and in their practices of running their business.
- Jacksonville Area Community Assessment (2018) – Explores the composition, experiences, and needs of Northeast Florida’s LGBTI community. Also here.